Session 1: Social Development Strategies for Inclusive Growth(Panel 1: The Role of (Non-Contributory) Cash Transfers)
- Cash transfers in South Africa: their role in short-run poverty alleviation and human capital investment, Ingrid Woolard.
- Targeting and Coverage of the Bolsa Família Programme: Why Knowing What You Measure is Important in Choosing the Numbers, Sergei Soares.
- Conditioning the grant? The quest for more "value" from the South African Child Support Grant, Katharine Hall.
- Development with social inclusion: The role of cash transfer programmes, Luciana Jaccoud.
- The Ladli Scheme in India: Leading to a Lehenga or a Law Degree? Bijaylamxi Nanda
- Inclusive Growth, Rashmi Singh.
Session 1: Social Development Strategies for Inclusive Growth (Panel 2: The Role of Employment Programmes/Policies)
- Employment Programmes in South Africa, Morné Oosthuizen.
- Employment Policies in Brazil: evolution, coverage and limitations, Roberto Gonzalez.
- Mahatama Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act, 2005A Rights based law for inclusive growth, Amita Sharma.
- The Role of Employment Programmes: Expanded Public Works Programme, Rudi Dicks.
- Unique identity, micropayments and challenges of the last mile: National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (NREGS), India, Anit Mukherjee.
- Microcredit & Poverty: CrediamigoThe Northeast Mystery and the Brazilian Grameen, Marcelo Neri.
Session 2: Health Innovation, IPR and Access to Essential Drugs
- Health innovation, IPRs and access to essential drugs: experiences of and emerging options for the IBSA countries, Jonathan Berger.
- Brazilian Experience –HIV/Aids, Juliana V. Borges Vallini.
- Medicine price regulation –the South African experience, Anban Pillay.
- Helth Innovation and Access to Essential Medicines, Zich Moysés Júnior.
- Anti-Counterfeiting Initiatives: Likely Implications for Trade in Generic Medicines, Biswajit Dhar.
- R&D for Development of New Drugs for Neglected Diseases: A Proposal for South-South Cooperation, Sudip Chaudhuri.
Session 3: The Role and Potential of IBAS as a Plurilateralism Arrangement
- The Role and Potential of IBSA as a Plurilateralism Arrangement, Alcides Vaz.
- IBSA: Reflect, Realign & Redefine IBSA, Lyal White.
- The IBSA Academic-Intellectual Network, Cláudio Costa Pinheiro.
- Rights-based Legal Guarantee as Development Policy: A discussion of the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA),
- Targeting and Coverage of the Bolsa Família Programme: Why Knowing What You Measure is Important in Choosing the Numbers, Sergei Soares, Rafael Perez Ribas and Fabio Veras Soares.
- Gender Violence and Legal Frameworks in India: The Story of Sex Selection, Bijaylamxi Nanda.
- Introducing a new instrument for Human Rights in South Africa, Jonathan Berger.
- Plurilateralism and the Global South, Kamal Mitra Chenoy.
- Public Works and Employment Programmes:
Towards a Long-Term Development Approach, Radhika Lal, Steve Miller, Maikel Lieuw-Kie-Song,
and Daniel Kostzer.
- The consolidation of Social Assistance in Brazil and its Challenges (1988-2008), Luciana Jaccoud, Patricia Dario El-Moor Hadjab
and Juliana Rochet Chaibub.
- Employment Policies in Brazil: History, Scope and Limitations,
Roberto Henrique Gonzalez.
Summit Joint Declaration (Brasília, April 15th, 2010) / Declaração da IV Cúpula (15 de Abril, 2010).
Development Strategies Paper (Brasilia, April 15th) / Paper sobre Estratégias de Desenvolvimento Social.
of Agriculture Cooperation in IBSA / Futuro da Cooperação em Agricultura no âmbito do IBAS.
- IBSA Six Years On: Co-operation in a New Global Order, Lyal White. November 2009.
- Emerging Powers:
India, Brazil and South Africa (IBSA) and the Future of South-South Cooperation, Woodrow Wilson International Centre for Scholars. August 2009.
- IBSA: A State of the Art, Lyal White.
- IBSA: Ambitious exercise in
transformational diplomacy, Manish Chand.
- IBSA: An Emerging Trinity in the new Geography of International Trade, Lakshmi Puri. 2007.
- IBSA: An International Actor
and Partner for the EU?, Susanne Gratius and Sarah-Lea John de Sousa. October 2007.
- Middle Powers: IBSA and the
New South-South Cooperation, Gladys Lechini. October 2007.
- South-South Cooperation between Brazil, India and South Africa, Dana de la Fontaine.
- The New Diplomacy of the South:
South Africa, Brazil, India
and trilateralism, Chris Alden and Marco Antonio Vieira.
- Trade in IBSA Economic Cooperation:
The Role of
Transportation Linkages, Prabir De. December 2005
- Strategic Analysis, Ruchita Beri. September 2008.
- IBSA Partnership for Shared
Prosperity and Inclusive Globalization -
Report of Third IBSA Summit Academic Forum. December 2008.
- India-Brazil-South Africa
Towards a Comprehensive
Economic Partnership, June 2006.
- THE GEOPOLITICS OF IBSA: The South African dimension, Francis Kornegay.